March 11th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: Psalm 136:25
Why else should we give God thanks? Look at your plate. I don’t care if you are at a restaurant, and the waiter has messed up your order. It doesn’t matter if you are having leftovers for the fourth day (and by this time, they ‘stinketh’). Thank God that you have food. Without food, you die. Without food, you don’t have energy to act, to live, to think, to be.
Don’t be spoiled by abundance. Neither become ungrateful because of the fact that you have eaten many splendid things which greatly pleased you. Give thanks simply because you have food. Look at your plate differently the next time you sit down. Remember that it is food.
And remember that God has blessed you with the opportunity to eat it. And also remember that in God’s great mercy and kindness, He gives food to all flesh. Wicked people get to eat, too. Animals of all kinds get to eat. God watches out for so much more than we comprehend. Surely, He is a great God!
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Dwayne Pugh: And the added and (at the time) unexpected benefit of the Easy Bake Oven?...
- Dei: First, thank you! I found this because I had searched the term refiner’s...
- angie: Thank you. So practical. I’m going to try this on my lunch break tomorrow....
- Jeannie: Touched my Heart & Soul, Thank You.
- Richard: VERY TRUE. I AM OLDER AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD BETTER LUCK WORKING FOR MYSELF AND...