April 16th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: John 11:39
Are you ever ashamed of the smell? In this passage, Jesus told them to roll away the stone to the tomb where Lazarus’ body lay. Martha was concerned about the smell. Perhaps she thought that Jesus wanted to see the body and pay His last respects. But Martha did not want to open up this part of her life, her deep sorrow to Jesus. She was content to let Jesus comfort her and live with the loss. Jesus had more in mind than that. In spite of all she had known of His power, she did not have a conception that Jesus could raise her brother from such a long time of death.
If you do not believe in the depths of your heart that Jesus can raise the long dead, then you are not very likely to open those depths to Him and ask Him to do His work. The stench of shame and fear and hopelessness may appear too strong to overcome.
But fear not. Jesus just may have waited in order that you might truly believe Him. He can raise the dead.
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Jenny: I totally understand your point. But what i don’t get is why women...
- jasmine mark: (from Malaysia) thank you for your encourgement through your word.i am...
- Angela Coffman: Cute and clever!
- jeffrey jones: how will i know if that jesus talks to me sometimes its hard to...
- Jon: Tithing is completely optional. It is however one of the only things that Jesus...