April 18th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: John 11:41-43
Pray out loud! We sometimes get caught up in the teachings of Jesus as if He came to add to the law and make things worse for us. When Jesus said to enter into your closet when you pray, He wasn’t forbidding public prayer, and He was not telling us that we could never pray out loud. Look at His example here: Jesus says plainly where those around Him could hear that He thanked God for hearing His requests. He referred to God as His Father. And then He went so far as to clearly point out that He was praying out loud so that those listening would believe on Him.
What a testimony! I think sometimes we pray in silence because we don’t want to be embarrassed if our prayers DON’T get answered. Not Jesus. He was confident that He was praying the will of God and that God would answer His prayers. When God answered His prayer, people could link the answer with the prayer and believe in Christ.
So do it! Pray out loud. Ask God for things when unbelievers are around you. Ask for the impossible. Ask for the things that could only be God when they are answered. And then watch God move in your behalf.
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Jenny: I totally understand your point. But what i don’t get is why women...
- jasmine mark: (from Malaysia) thank you for your encourgement through your word.i am...
- Angela Coffman: Cute and clever!
- jeffrey jones: how will i know if that jesus talks to me sometimes its hard to...
- Jon: Tithing is completely optional. It is however one of the only things that Jesus...