April 20th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: Mark 13:13
Do you like to be hated? I don’t. I don’t know very many people who would really relish rejection and the scorn of others. Jesus said that those who follow Him “will be continually hated” all over the world. Throughout history there have been many nations and ethnic groups which have been hated because of culture or skin color. But those who belong to Christ will be hated no matter what their nationality.
I think believers experience bad days and often blame it on the weather or the economy while forgetting that there is a worldwide hatred for that which is righteous. Not only other human beings are involved with this, but spiritual powers that rule over cities, neighborhoods and, I suppose, even corporations. If you bear the mark and image of Jesus Christ, you are hated by the world. The world only loves its own.
It is one thing to go through life with a chip on your shoulder. And the unhealthy opposite of that is to go through life with the naivete of a baby duck. Jesus warned us to expect animosity from the world so that we would not expect to receive only roses and hugs. It’s worth remembering.
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Jenny: I totally understand your point. But what i don’t get is why women...
- jasmine mark: (from Malaysia) thank you for your encourgement through your word.i am...
- Angela Coffman: Cute and clever!
- jeffrey jones: how will i know if that jesus talks to me sometimes its hard to...
- Jon: Tithing is completely optional. It is however one of the only things that Jesus...