April 23rd, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: Psalm 52:5-7
Keep an eye out for the rich man this year. I’m not talking about any rich man, but specifically the rich man who loves evil more than good and chooses lying rather than to speak righteousness. God is going to pluck him out of his dwelling place. I think about the weeds I see growing in my garden. As I walk through the garden looking for fruit, I will see a weed growing up in the rows or among the plants. I reach down and grab the weed near the base and pull it out as firmly and surely as I can. I try to get all of the root I can. And then I toss it into the dirt to be scorched by the sun.
Woe to the rich man who rules anything unrighteously. But double woe be to the rich man who manipulates pastors, churches and church boards in order to exercise control! God will surely pluck you up and root you out. The righteous observers will see the swift judgment of God in your life and will laugh at you. What a joke! To think that you can make riches your strength in complete opposition to the way the Sovereign God has ordained the universe! To strengthen yourself in wickedness instead of righteousness! The end is near and bitter for you, wicked man!
Righteous one, remember that there is a God who sees everything. Remember that He does observe your suffering. Remember that He hears the cries of His people. And keep an eye on the rich man.
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Jenny: I totally understand your point. But what i don’t get is why women...
- jasmine mark: (from Malaysia) thank you for your encourgement through your word.i am...
- Angela Coffman: Cute and clever!
- jeffrey jones: how will i know if that jesus talks to me sometimes its hard to...
- Jon: Tithing is completely optional. It is however one of the only things that Jesus...