April 27th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Click to read: Matthew 4:16
“Those that sat in darkness have seen a great light.” The amazing thing about God’s grace is that He comes looking for people who aren’t looking for Him. The gentiles were in darkness and hopelessness for thousands of years. They sought futility and found despair in their idols. Imagine searching for what you think is truth but never finding it. Imagine going to bed every night with an unknown dread of eternity and having all the questions concerning your existence and purpose but NEVER, EVER being able to receive relief from it all.
But God designed that the gentiles–most of us reading this–should hear the good news that God loves us and wants to forgive us. God wanted it to be different for all nations. His love that He manifest to the Jews was not confined only to them. He loves all of us.
So He came looking for us. He came through the Apostles, through evangelists, pastors, teachers and prophets. He came through Bibles, tracts, songs and sermons. He came and introduced Himself when we were ignorant of Him. He sought our friendship when we were His enemy. Praise God for His grace!
Be blessed with grace.
Written by admin
Filed under: Meditations
- Jenny: I totally understand your point. But what i don’t get is why women...
- jasmine mark: (from Malaysia) thank you for your encourgement through your word.i am...
- Angela Coffman: Cute and clever!
- jeffrey jones: how will i know if that jesus talks to me sometimes its hard to...
- Jon: Tithing is completely optional. It is however one of the only things that Jesus...